How does medical cannabis work?
What conditions qualify me for Medical Marijuana?
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Chronic nonmalignant pain
Medical conditions of the same kind or class as comparable to those listed above
What if my condition is not one listed?
Along with the conditions listed above, Amendment 2 allows licensed MMJ physicians to recommend medical cannabis for medical conditions of the same kind or class as comparable to those listed above. What does this mean? If a patient is suffering from symptoms that are similar to those listed and is otherwise qualified, the licensed Florida MMJ doctor can recommend medical marijuana.
- Chronic pain
- Muscle spasms
- Nerve pain
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain and constipation
- Menstrual pain
- …and many more
Please contact our office to discuss whether your symptoms would qualify you to receive medical marijuana. We will gladly answer any questions you may have while determining if cannabis treatment is right for you.
Can Compassionate Care Clinics diagnose my condition?
How long will the appointment take?
Can I get a certification on the day of my initial visit?
Is insurance accepted?
What types of payment are accepted?
How much does it cost?
How often do I need to see the doctor?
What are acceptable forms of residency?
Do I need to be a resident to receive Medical Marijuana in Florida?
How do I show residency if I am a seasonal resident?
- A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet, or residential rental or lease agreement.
- One proof of residential address from the seasonal resident’s parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the seasonal resident resides and a statement from the person with whom the seasonal resident resides stating that the seasonal resides does reside with him or her.
- A utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days before registration in the medical use registry.
- A utility bill, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statements, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a federal, state, county, or municipal government agency, not more than 2 months old.
- Any other documentation that provides proof of residential address as determined by department rule. A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement.
Am I allowed to smoke Medical Marijuana?
What routes of administration are currently available?
- Vaporized through a device such as a vape pen
- Sublingual tinctures
- Topical Creams
- Oral Sprays
- Transdermal Patches
Where can I pick up my medicine?
You are free to use the dispensary of your choice. Please note that each dispensary will offer different product lines and prices. We encourage you to explore your options and choose the dispensary that is right for you. Below is a list of current dispensaries in Florida. All dispensaries currently offer home delivery should you not be able to visit the store. We strongly recommend visiting the store if you can. The dispensary staff can be a wealth of knowledge and assist with choosing what strain and ratio is best for treating your condition. We are here for you as well should you need any assistance. Feel free to contact our office should you have any questions or concerns.
|Liberty Health Sciences||libertyhealthsciences.com||1-833-254-4877|
|Fluent (Formerly Knox)||getfluent.com||1-833-735-8368|
|AltMed dba MUV||altmedflorida.com||1-813-489-5032|
|GTI (Rise Dispensary)||risecannabis.com||1-305-306-8772|
|Columbia Care Florida||col-carefl.com||1-800-714-9215|
|3 Boys Farm||N/A||1-813-635-1909|
You can also find a complete and updated list of all dispensaries in the state at: https://knowthefactsmmj.com/mmtc/